Early Career Funding
Early Career Opportunities
Oxford School of Global and Area Studies (OSGA) offers a culturally vibrant and dynamic research environment for Early Career Researchers whose research focuses on an area or region and is interdisciplinary in nature. Taking advantage of the vast network of resources available at Oxford, including the largest community of Area Studies scholars in the world, Early Career Researchers at OSGA expand their professional network, gain full membership to one of Oxford's 38 colleges, and gain scholarly independence during their time with the School. OSGA Early Career Researchers also encouraged to attend events and seminars, join one of our Thematic Research Clusters, and contribute to the wider research community of the School.
OSGA supports postdoctoral early career researches for many externally-funded research fellowships such as:
- British Academy Post-Doctoral Fellowship
- Leverhulme Trust Early Career Fellowship
- ESRC Postdoctoral Fellowship
- British Academy International Fellowship
- European Research Council - Starting Grant
If you are interested to apply to a funder or scheme not listed above, please contact the Research Development Officer (email@example.com) to know if the School could support you.
We are keen to encourage prospective Postdoctoral Fellows to apply by following these steps:
- Check the eligibility for each fellowship by following the provided links. Please do not proceed until you are sure you meet the eligibility requirements.
- Identify and approach a potential mentor within OSGA. OSGA's faculty profiles identify the disciplines, keywords, and countries their research is focused on, but innovative, exciting, and interdisciplinary ideas are also welcome.
- Check the deadlines outlined in each on the page for each Fellowship and submit the documents required to obtain the School’s Research Committee approval to the Research Officer (firstname.lastname@example.org).
In the framework of European Commission Horizon Europe Marie Sklodowska-Curie Actions, secondment opportunities are available.
If you have any questions, please email the Research Officer (email@example.com) for support and advice.